CASA Safety Training Services
TRAINING COURSE FACT SHEET
Health and Safety Training for Senior Decision Makers
The course is intended to help develop and remind senior decision makers of the moral, financial and legal implications of health and safety in the workplace.
FOR WHOM INTENDED
All senior personnel and “Decision Makers” who have a health and safety responsibility within their organisation.
- Understand the main aims of current health and safety legislation
- Understand how the duties and responsibilities are applied to Directors and other senior decision makers
- Understand how health and safety is a line management function
- Recognize how the statutory requirements impose upon the organisation the requirements for documentation and procedures
- Understand and appreciate the shift to a non-prescriptive approach to legislation, based on risk assessment
- Understand the requirement to appoint competent health and safety assistance
- Understand and recognize the shift towards a more forceful approach to enforcement of legislation by the HSE and the implications of such an approach.
A maximum of 12 delegates per course.
Skills and knowledge will be assessed throughout the course by the use of questions and answers, practical exercises and trainers observations and an end of course questionnaire.