CASA Safety Training Services
TRAINING COURSE FACT SHEET
Moving and Handling Principles
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All personnel who are required to carry out moving and handling operations in the workplace.
The course of training is intended to develop the knowledge and competence of personnel to enable them to understand how musculoskeletal injuries occur, the consequences of injury, and how to adopt the correct manual handling posture to reduce and avoid injury; and use lifting aids to reduce risk of injury
At the end of the course delegates will:-
- Understand and know how manual handling injuries are caused and the risks to them
- Understand the need to plan for safe manual handling operations, and how to identify safer alternative methods of lifting and m oving loads
- Be able to carry out a simple manual handling risk assessment
- Know the principles of safe manual handling
- Have an appreciation of the HSE MAC Chart system
A maximum of 12 trainees to one instructor will be permitted providing facilities are suitable.
Half day (3½ hours)
Skills and knowledge will be assessed throughout the course by the use of questions and answers, practical exercises, instructor observations and a final knowledge retention assessment questionnaire.
METHOD OF DELIVERY
The course will consist of sessions using presentation, video, syndicate exercises, demonstrations using examples of materials to be lifted or moved, and discussion opportunities.