CASA Safety Training Services
TRAINING COURSE FACT SHEET
IPAF – Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
This course of training is aimed at developing ‘competent’ personnel who will use Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP) in the course of their work. The course will cover the ‘category/ies’ of mobile elevating work platform the customer specified at the time of booking. Successful delegates will be issued with the nationally recognised IPAF ‘Competent Operators’ PAL card and certificate.
Competent Person - A designated person suitably trained or qualified by theoretical and practical knowledge and actual experience on the appropriate category/ies of MEWP to enable them to:
- carry out their required duties at their level of responsibility;
- fully understand any potential hazards related to their work;
- detect any defects or omissions in that work or equipment;
- recognise any implications for health and safety and be able to specify appropriate remedial action needed, including refusal to do the work if the risk is perceived or calculated unacceptable.
- General Health and Safety Requirements
- HASWA; PUWER; LOLER
- Work at Height
- Machine Types
- Pre-use Checks
- General hazards
- Environmental Considerations
- Harness Use
Dictated by the machine types needed, but generally 6 operators for 1 single type of machine, (e.g. 3b), or 4 operators if 2 types of machine are required, (e.g. 3b and 3a)
Skills and knowledge will be assessed throughout the course by the use of questions and answers, practical exercises, instructor observations and successful completion of a final IPAF test paper.
METHOD OF DELIVERY
The course will consist of sessions using presentation, video, practical exercises, demonstrations, discussion opportunities, and course test paper.