STEVE ARMSTRONG - CFIOSH, DipRSA
- Chartered Fellow of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CFIOSH)
- NVQ Level 3 – Adult Learning and Development
- Associate Member of the Institute for Learning
- Construction Skills Approved Tutor
- Environmental Management Level 4
- The Royal Society of Health – Diploma in Construction Health and Safety Management (Distinction)
- Assessor Award D32, D33, D34
- Manual Handling Trainer
- Cable Avoidance Tool Trainer (Radio Detection)
- Makita Trained Instructor – Correct and Safe Use of Portable Power Tools
- Competent Person – Hand-Arm Vibration Measurement
- Accredited CIEH Trainer
Over 32 years experience in Occupational Safety and Health in the construction industry, including several years working in the Far East (Philippines) and the Middle East (UAE and Oman) working on the construction of a large LPG ship off-loading and tank storage facility, condensate plant with associated pipelines and tanks and Gas powered generators and overhead transmission lines across harsh terrain. Also many years experience of construction working at high risk sites such as Nuclear and petrochemical facilities.
Extensive experience of providing health and safety services to small construction companies, including undertaking surveys, audits and inspections; the development of standards, procedures and policies to suit the client's needs and aspirations; and assisting the client in implementing them by all staff.
Developing training course material and delivering courses to client, industry and national standards.
Assisting companies develop health and safety management policies and procedures to meet their business needs.
A former committee member of the IOSH National Construction Group; and former committee member of the IOSH Tyne & Wear Branch
A competent, experienced and practical safety and health consultant and 'trainer' with excellent communication skills both orally and written, who has the ability to adapt to work situations, and who has during his career in safety and health provided advice and assisted construction employers develop work solutions on major sites, such as Shell Gas Philippines, ICI, British Nuclear Fuels, Sharjah Gas Company (UAE) and Philips Petroleum (Teesside), GE Healthcare and many more.