CASA Safety Training Services
UKATA Registered Member
TRAINING COURSE FACT SHEET
ASBESTOS AWARENESS - ½ day
This course of training is aimed at construction site personnel, including managers and supervisors who work on refurbishment and demolition projects which may have asbestos containing material as part of the fabric of the structure.
- Asbestos History
- Asbestos Fibres/Types
- Where asbestos can be found?
- How it can affect you?
- How do you know you are at risk?
- What you need to do to protect yourself and others?
- Emergency Procedures
- Knowledge retention test (Pass Mark 12 from 15)
Maximum of 15 delegates per course.
½ day (3½ hours)
At the end of the training session delegates will be able to:
- Understand the nature of asbestos and the main fibre types
- Know where asbestos can be found in buildings and types of material
- Understand how exposure to asbestos containing material can affect the long term health of the worker and other people
- Understand work techniques that reduce fibre release risks
- Understand the need for an emergency plan to reduce risk from accidental disturbance of asbestos containing material
- Demonstrate knowledge retention by completing the course multi-choice test paper and achieving the required pass mark.