CASA Safety Training Services
TRAINING COURSE FACT SHEET
Selection, Inspection and Use of Safety Harnesses and Lanyards
This course of training will enable workers who work at height and from MEWP’s to select and use safety harnesses safely; and understand the employers and their own duties to comply with The Work at Height Regulations and other supporting Regulations and guidance
To enable delegates select, inspect and use safety harnesses and lanyards safely.
- At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Appreciate that falls from height can be costly, both in monetary and personal injury costs
- Understand the basic requirements of the Working at Height Regulations and the hierarchy of fall prevention and control
- Understand the need for selecting, inspecting and using safety harnesses and lanyards correctly
- Know the difference between fall prevention & fall arrest
- Understand the difference between Work Restraint, Work Positioning and Fall Arrest
- Knowledge of how to select and use ‘Fall Arrest’ and ‘Work Restraint’ systems
- Understand the need for inspection and records for compliance
- Understand the need to select lanyard anchor points with care
- Demonstrate to the Instructor their ability to inspect and correctly fit a full body harness
- Demonstrate knowledge retention by passing the written end of course test paper.
A maximum of 10 trainees will be permitted per instructor.